Monday, February 14, 2011

share your sights

I'm an editing minor. That won't mean much to most of you, except that it just might.

The capstone course for the minor is a magazine publishing class. Which means that we, as a class, create a magazine. Our magazine is called Stowaway, and it's pretty impressive, if I do say so myself. It's a travel magazine targeted at young, budget-conscious travelers. It actually is pretty interesting and fairly well-written. If you're interested in reading it, go to the website: stowawaymag.com. You won't find anything I've written on there for a while. But when our issue comes out in the fall...just trust me, it's good stuff. My article's about things to do in the airport to make it more fun. How could that not draw you in?

Anyway, my purpose in writing this post was actually to inform everyone of this fabulous opportunity:

Your picture could be in the magazine! If you have a picture that rightfully belongs to you and fits into one of the two categories ("colors of the world" or "fairs and festivals"), then go to the website to find out how to enter!

You can also submit funny or embarrassing travel experiences for our "Tales from the Trip" section. All the deets are on the website, so hurry on over and check it out. The deadline for both is February 23.

Now, I'll admit, we may only have one subscriber (the BYU library) and one issue of the magazine may cost 16 dollars. But it's still a legit magazine! And you can view it online for free. So check us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment