Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lost Without My Mockingjay

It is 11:32 pm here in Columbus, Indiana, which means it's only 9:32 pm in Utah. That means that everyone here is in bed and I'm having a hard time putting myself there because I think it's a lot earlier than it really is. I haven't posted in a while, mostly because I have this fabulous "reasons why" post in my head but I don't have pictures for it yet. So instead, I'll just tell you a few random things:

1. I just ate 4 clementines. That's right, 4. They were small. In Argentina they're called mandarinas and in the winter, my companions and I would buy a kilo of them (that's 2.2 pounds. Or maybe a pound is 2.2 kilos. I can never remember.) and eat them pretty darn fast. Well, I just ate 4 at once. I could probably eat a few more but I think I'll resist in the hopes of also resisting a stomach ulcer.

2. I just spent about 24 hours with four of the most adorable children on the planet. 17 month-old twins are a lot of fun. Just so you know.

3. I started reading the Hunger Games over the break and Holy Addicted. I've been wanting to read them for a while, but I know myself pretty well - turns out I have a little bit of an obsessive personality. So I knew that if I started them, they would take over my life. In the middle of a semester, that's not so great. So I put them off until Christmas break. I started reading the first one in the SLC airport Saturday, read on the plane (which I NEVER do), read that night, and finished it by Sunday afternoon. It was even faster than I had anticipated. So I started the second one Sunday night and sure enough, done by Monday night. I borrowed them both from my incredibly gorgeous, talented, and oh-so-generous friend Angela, but she only had the first two at the time. So now I'm in Indiana stuck without the third one. I NEED IT! I told my little brother and sister I would reward whomever remembered to look for it at their school library. Neither of them found it, but Micah found a friend who said I could borrow it, so I'm getting it tomorrow! I can't wait!! This time tomorrow, I'll probably be done and I'm super pumped!

4 comments:

  1. Loved the series. Not going to spoil it for you. I want to know right now, before you read the 3rd one who you think she SHOULD end up with. And who do you think she WILL end up with.
    In my opinion. When I was done with the last book I thought all ended as it should. I was very happy with it.
    You know it's a good book when you find yourself still thinking about it days after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I think Terri Bartnett has it too if Micah doesnt pull through!!! I loved the series too! Well most of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 1 kilo = 2.2 lbs. I only know that because I gained way too many of those kilos and still haven't figured out how to get them off :)

    ReplyDelete