Friday, December 24, 2010

Done

I got Mockingjay yesterday. The third book in the Hunger Games series I posted about last time. I had to wait an excruciating 2 full days to get it. I know, hardship. Fortunately, I had some very adorable children to distract me.

But.

I got it yesterday. And I finished it yesterday.

I started reading about 5 pm I think and I finished last night at 2 am. I stopped for a couple hours for dinner and games with Isaac and Korie but I picked up at 9 pm and never looked back. And I loved it. It was pretty gruesome with all the killings and descriptive details so it wasn't my favorite of the three, but it obviously kept me interested since I read for almost 8 straight hours. After the second book, well after the first book really, I was on Team Peeta all the way. I just think he's fabulous and kind and loves Katniss in exactly the way she needs. He's pulled her through some pretty nasty moments, and I know from experience that those who are with you in your very worst times are the people who become so much a part of you and how you deal that you can never really handle life without them. I think Gale's statement about who she'd choose was exactly right. So those of you who have read the books know how I felt on those last few pages.

I felt like the ending was a little anti-climactic, a little too predictable, but the details all throughout were not, so it kept me interested. I feel satisfied with the end but I don't feel satisfied with being done. I told my mom today that I really wanted to read but there's no more left... I felt that way after reading the Harry Potter books and the Twilight books. When reading these longs series, it's hard to just get cut off when you've invested so much time in the characters and their stories. I miss them. I guess I'll just have to find something else to fill the void. And I still have about 10 days left of my Winter Break. At the rate I'm going, that leaves me enough time for about 7 more books. I'm taking suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. I wasnt very happy with the last one! I was always team peeta as well! The Percy Jackson series is a really fun read if you want more recommendations let me know!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally felt weird about the ending... I felt the momentum was off and I was so desensitized by the end that the death of some of the main characters didn't even phase me. Although I still loved to series enough to be a Mocking Jay for Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked the books! I liked them too- I hate that feeling at the end when there isn't anymore. Stupid. :)

    I enjoyed reading about your birthday too- I'm glad you had fun! Are you already back to Utah from Indiana? I'm glad you got to go see your family!

    ReplyDelete