Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Shorter. But Still Static.

Jaime's sister Michelle does my hair. She's been pressuring me since this Spring to cut my hair like this:

Except not red.

Understandably, I had some reservations. Not that I was afraid. I wasn't. It just takes so long to grow out my hair, you know? And I was looking like this:

And I really liked it! So I wasn't sure if I wanted to chop it just yet. I told Chelle to just hold onto herself because I would come around. I always do. I go through phases usually where I grow out my hair then chop it off. My grow out phase was just lasting a little longer than usual.

I live in Utah, where moisture does not exist. Except in the form of snow, which is the worst kind of moisture, in my opinion. My hair's really fine so it is ALWAYS static...y. (I don't know how to spell that.) It got so bad that eventually, I decided I'd just chop my hair and get rid of the problem all together. So I told Michelle she could do whatever she wanted; I was ready. Except we had to dye my hair back to my natural color....the funds weren't keeping up with my dying addiction. So now I look like this:

It was a big shock at first because it's so much shorter. But I really like it now. And Michelle told me it was easily her most exciting haircut of the whole month. I'm pretty sure she only cuts her family's hair, but I'm going to take that as a compliment. And I was happy to make her month. :) Just one problem, though:

Static is worse than ever. Oh well, good thing I like it!

P.S. Any suggestions on the static issue? I've switched shampoos, went to a detangler instead of conditioner, and I take a dryer sheet to my hair every day but I am like a 4 year-old with this hair. Geez. Help!

8 comments:

  1. you look HOT!!! I Love it!!! I cant help with the static because I have it bad too! Ick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which is worse- static or humidity. Have you tried Moroccan oil? I don't know if it helps or not. Ask Chelle.
    And I'll try not to be offended that you were her most exciting haircut of the whole month.
    And I think you look much better than the naked girl with purple hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love the hair! And I also hate the static. If you find something that works let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - Kaley! I really like the new hair! It's fine in more ways than one! hahahaha Have you tried spraying StaticGuard on your brush? It's gross cuz it smells chemical-y but it works. BTW I love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang girl! I need to get the number for your hair stylist!:) I love Moroccan oil. It's pricey but it's good stuff. Also, that stuff I had you use in the little yellow jar might help with your static issues. It's Pureology DryShine-Styler. It's expensive too, but both products should last about 4-5 months. When are you coming up next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooo wooo! That was my best attempt at whistling at you. It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love your haircut. I'm thinking about chopping mine off too, because of the static. I guess I need another option...

    And I love reading your blog. You always make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete