Sunday, August 4, 2019

Chicago Work Trip

After my school year was over, my colleagues in Chicago needed some help closing out some of their sponsor goals, so I got to go to Chicago for 2 days to visit some schools. Brandon came with me and explored a bit while I was at the schools and then we spent the afternoon and evening together seeing the city. 





We went to the Bean and Buckingham Fountain, where we stumbled upon a Pokemon Go Fest. Neither of us had ever really played, but we had time to kill so we downloaded the app and started catching Pokemon.


The highlight of the day, though, was the architecture tour we took by boat. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and it was such a cool way to see the city. I know very little about architecture, but it was really interesting to learn about how the architecture of the buildings really tell the history of the city. I loved it!



And of course, we ended the night with pizza, which was delicious. Brandon wore his Chicago Bulls shirt so he would fit in with the locals. :)


The next morning, I visited one more school and then we headed home to pick up Jackson. It took us over an hour just to get out of the city. Yuck. I am a city girl at heart and would love to live in a big city like Chicago, but I'd have to do it without driving because the traffic is horrific. We had such a great time, though, and I was so grateful it worked out to bring Brandon with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment