Sunday, January 27, 2019

Winter Break

I always get the week between Christmas and New Year's off, so I got to spend lots of time with all our family that was in town.

I went down to Columbus one day and helped my grandma hang a gallery wall in her room. She'd  mentioned before that she liked the one I have in my living room and asked if I'd help her do the same. I think it turned out pretty well! Afterwards, we had a girls night. We went to Panera for dinner then saw Mary Poppins Returns in the theater. So cute!


I borrowed a puzzle from my parents in case Brandon and I needed something to do together Christmas morning. We didn't do it then, but I did it later by myself. And then I got puzzle crazy and did two more that week. It's so satisfying to complete it after working so hard! I had to go back to work the next week and didn't have any more puzzles to do, so my addiction hasn't continued, though now I'm getting the itch again!


We went to see Winterlights at Newfields with most of my family - a lights display at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. We got pretty lucky and it wasn't raining or snowing and the temperature was pretty mild for late December. The lights were beautiful!


You can't really tell, but that's our little family in front of that tree on the right. And then all of us below.



Cutest little bundle! Alexander loved the dancing light show the best.


Part of the lights tour included an indoor (yay!) tour of the Lilly House, all decked out for Christmas. One of the themes throughout the house were these huge paper chains. I can't imagine how long it took to make them all!












Afterwards, we went to Moe's for dinner. It was so fun to spend so much time with my favorite people!


No comments:

Post a Comment