Sunday, June 17, 2018

Winter Randoms

One night, we had a Family Home Evening about becoming who we want to be. Brandon and I both wrote out a list of descriptors about the person we wanted to be. I intended to have Jackson draw a picture of what he wanted to be, but he insisted on writing. So he told me what he wanted to write, I typed it out on the computer, and he copied it. It was so cute! His list included somebody who is nice, gets good grades, and helps others. Then he drew a picture of an astronaut because he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up.



I exhibited and presented at a science teachers conference in February. This was not my first conference, but it was the first conference that had a wildlife group as an exhibitor! They had a variety of animals - an owl, a tarantula, a hedgehog, and a young python, which I held on my lap!


Jackson played basketball for the first time this winter at his mom's church. He was the tallest kid out there and was such an obedient player - keeping his hands up on defense the whole time - just like he was told! Little kids playing basketball is fun to watch. :)



In February, I had a 3 day work road trip visiting over 20 schools in southern Indiana. Brandon was able to come with me, which made the driving much more enjoyable! While in French Lick, we stopped and had lunch at the incredibly gorgeous historic West Baden Hotel.




One of my favorite parts of visiting schools is exploring the buildings. There's just something about an old school building that I love!


Monastery Immaculate Conception in Ferdinand, Indiana




I did a puzzle! There's no greater sense of accomplishment than the one that comes from completing a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. I dare you to try to find something more satisfying.


No comments:

Post a Comment