Sunday, April 8, 2018

Fall 2017

Only child problems - you have to push your t-rex toy in the swing


Our apartment complex hosted a fall carnival, including a bounce house, petting zoo, food, and prizes. Jackson had the hardest time getting up the hill of this bounce house - but he made it!


In August of 2017, I started the most amazing job. I'd been looking and applying for jobs for about 8 months the closest I'd gotten was a few interviews, but nothing super promising. I quit my job at IPS and my paycheck stopped coming mid-summer. The Lord took care of us, though, and money came from unexpected places all summer and my health insurance continued up until the exact month my new insurance took effect. 

I came across this job at EVERFI and wasn't really even sure I wanted it, but I'd had a couple of interviews and I felt good about it. I was getting ready for another interview when I received a call that I'd gotten the job. I went to the other interview anyway, and it went really well, too. The guy I interviewed with offered me the job on the spot. So after eight months, I received two job offers in one day. I was so grateful, but also so confused about which to take. After a lot of prayer, a session in the temple, and several conversations with Brandon and others that I trusted, I decided to take the job at EVERFI. It has proved to be one of my greatest decisions. I work from home and really enjoy the work I do. The company is great and positive and the people are wonderful. It's everything I was looking for, plus so many things I didn't even know I was looking for. It's been an incredible blessing in our lives, and I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knew what was best for me and our family and delivered it at exactly the right time, taking care of us the whole way through.

In October, I attended a 2-day orientation in Washington, D.C, where our headquarters are located. After working in schools for the past 5 years where so many are understandably very jaded and negative, these people were so positive, kind, and happy. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop - for someone to complain or criticize someone or something. Nothing. It was such a lovely place to be!

The one evening I had there, I had dinner with some of the other girls at the orientation. We ate at a restaurant along the Potomac River as the sun set, then walked to see a few of the memorials at night. I love D.C.!





In October, Sergeant Esselborn returned home from duty for the last time. I'm so proud of him and the hard work he put in and the sacrifice he made to honorably serve. He has consistently received commendation and praise from his superiors and has earned the respect of those he's led. He's a true American hero.


Emerson's cello concert - I love that sweet girl.




Dominika and the kids came into town for a few days, so they came to play one day. Fall weather is great playground weather!







We visited Grandma at the farm, and my mom and Nalon met us there. Nalon has almost passed Grandma up!



Football season! We love Saturdays in the fall. Except....2017 was a rough year for football. BYU really struggled and only squeaked out with a couple of wins. So overall, watching the games was pretty frustrating. But it was always fun to watch for Thomas - and sometimes to watch for our family members who were able to be there in person!





Homework and Halloween costumes - Jackson was Godzilla this year

1 comment: