Sunday, February 8, 2015

Goings On

These are the stuffs from the last few weeks:

1. I helped out with our basketball team at school this year. By helped out, I mean I attended two games and two practices. The head coach wasn't able to be at the final game, so I agreed to take charge of that game. Before the game, our record was 0-something. After that game, our record was 1-something. I have no idea how many games they'd played previously, but I do know that they only won one game, and it was the one I coached. I mean...watch out Coach K.

2. Baby Adelina got blessed, and mostly just looked adorable as always. We went to church with her family then had lunch at their house after. She's getting so fun - happy and smiley almost all of the time and very willing to let me play with and hold her.

And she has three teeth now!

3. I did a detox eating plan for January and lost 12 pounds, thankyouverymuch. I've been off of it for a week, and I have not been doing so great. Still better than before the detox, which really just means I'm eating like a normal person instead of a binge-monster. I'm settling into a more manageable eating lifestyle, which occasionally includes resisting these tasty little fellas.

4. Our Relief Society is doing a musical program in March centered around the women in the scriptures. I auditioned and was given the part of Rebekah. At our first rehearsal, the writer and director were talking about Rebekah and Sarah's struggles with not being able to have children and struggling to have the faith necessary to believe that the Lord would fulfill the promises He'd made to them. They explained that this story applied specifically to women who will be in the congregation when we perform who are having a hard time having children or who are waiting on other promises to be fulfilled. I didn't mention anything then, but I felt the Spirit testify to me that the Lord knows me and hasn't forgotten me. He'll fulfill His promises to me, just as He did to Sarah and Rebekah.

5. Last weekend I went to an overnight scrapbooking event with my mom and sister and sister-in-law. Isaac came and hung out for a long time with Adelina, which made everything more fun. We had a great time having a dance party and making Adelina laugh. It's crazy the fools we make of ourselves just to get a laugh out of these little ones!

It's so fun to see Isaac as a Dad with a baby (I wasn't around when Holden was little). He is so sweet and attentive and absolutely adores her.

6. Last week was our Jump Rope for Heart week at school so Friday we all wore red in support of the American Heart Association. One of my responsibilities at work is to update all our social media sites, so I'm also usually the one who takes the pictures.

7. On Friday, I came home to find this on my bed. I have tried to ask Campbell about it (I have no idea where she made it!) on two different occasions, but she refuses to even acknowledge that I'm speaking to her. She's my sweet little buddy.

8. Yesterday I got to go watch Emerson and Campbell play basketball. I didn't get any pictures of Emerson's game, but they wore the same jerseys as Campbell's team, so just imagine the same pictures but with taller kids and no red hair. The kindergartners were pretty cute. Campbell's an aggressive little player, and she had her hands up the whole time!



I babysat Adelina at the basketball game so Isaac and Dominika could go to dinner. I didn't tell people that she was my baby, but I didn't correct them when they assumed it, either... :) She got super sleepy towards the end and just laid her head right on my chest and went to sleep. Sleepy cuddles are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment