Saturday, May 17, 2014

Spring Performances

Growing up, I was always involved in choir and theater. If it involved singing or speaking and being on stage, I was in it. Because of this, I feel an increased responsibility to support my loved ones when they do anything performance-related. In the last month, I've attended Micah's choir concert, Emerson's choir concert, and Micah's American Pie concert, which is a concert put on by the history department at her high school. They explore history through the music of each decade, starting with the 1950s, and high school students perform all the songs. I was in it three times when I was in high school, and it was the closest I ever felt to being a rock star. There's even a pit full of screaming high school kids to round out the experience. It's so much fun. This time, though, I was chillin' in the big kid seats in the back. Micah performed "Venus" by Bananarama with two other girls, and she rocked it of course. 

Emerson's choir concert. She's the cute one in the back center that you can't see.

American Pie. Micah's not even in this picture, but she is cute.




No comments:

Post a Comment