Sunday, March 10, 2013

Her Star's So Bright, She's Gotta Wear Shades

 
After some coaxing from my mom and me (and I'm sure her friends, who were probably more influential), Micah decided to audition for the spring musical at Columbus North High School. They did "The Drowsy Chaperone," and she made it into the core ensemble as a maid. Emerson and I went down last weekend to see the show, and we had a lot of fun.
 
I'd like to think that Micah joined show choir and theater as a result of my influence. You know - she just wants to follow in my footsteps. Truth be told, I think she does it just because she loves performing. And that's reason enough. This girl glitters on stage and that's a shine that's all her own. She's absolutely magnetic and a lot of fun to watch. I'm still proud that she's chosen to do things that were so important to me in high school, but I'm also thrilled to see her absolutely owning it.
 
She's a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment