Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My baby brother is 18 years-old today. How did this happen?

And how did he get so much bigger than me?

Reason #243 I'm glad to be in Indiana: I was able to go to Columbus tonight and go to dinner with Thomas, Micah, and my parents to celebrate Thomas' birthday. I get to be here for stuff. This never gets old.

He didn't want anyone at the restaurant to know it was his birthday. No saddle and Texas Roadhouse yeehaw for Thomas. He wouldn't even let my parents bring the birthday gift to dinner and when I gave him the card from me, I had to hide it in my jacket so the server wouldn't see and Thomas opened it under the table. He did seem appreciative when he opened it, though. At least that's something.

I love this kid hard core. I'm so proud of everything he's accomplished. Not only is he a star football player (that's the obvious part), but he's also a really great person. I hear stories all the time about how much his friends' parents like him and how impressed they are at his willingness to serve and his humility in doing it. He'll have a huge impact on those who get to be around him when he goes out to Utah next year. I'm choosing not to be offended that he's decided to move out to Utah just as soon as I move back. I might have to follow him back. He'll never shake me.

Happy Birthday, Thomas!

No comments:

Post a Comment