Monday, July 30, 2012

For those of you who might be interested in hearing about and seeing pictures from my fabulous road trip of the century, I'm sorry. You'll be disappointed probably indefinitely.

I'm a teacher now, which apparently means I do nothing but teacher stuff, even though I have yet to receive a paycheck, though I've been pretty intensely involved with this stuff since the end of May.

In other news, my piece of crap car has some issues which, according to one mechanic, will cost over $1,000 to fix (if you're wondering, that's about a fourth of my car's total value). I have no money (since I haven't been paid in several months), I can get only about a thousand dollars on trade-in for it due to some other issues, and I'm about to start driving daily into a pretty sketchy part of town while hoping that my car holds it together enough to get me back out. I'm drowning in pre-teaching work, I have no friends, and I have no desire to work. Mostly I just want to cry.

It's worth it, right? Right?

The good part of my day: It's National Cheesecake Day and this is how I celebrated.
Half-price Cheesecake Factory pina colada cheesecake.

2 comments:

  1. But I DO want to hear about your road trip! I'm sorry you're so busy and poor right now :( It's a good thing National Cheesecake Day came when it did! I hope your car holds up...scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake is where it's at! But the new Oreo one I had the other day is in a close second. I'll have to go back and try the Pina Colada one now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete