Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The unthinkable happened today.

Peyton Manning was released from the Colts. Yes. It is that bad.

Here are his parting words:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7401273n&tag=api&fb_ref=belowVideo&fb_source=home_multiline

Actually, yes. I did tear up while listening to him.

I'm not ok with this at all. It feels a little bit like betrayal. How could you dispose of someone who has made your organization what it is? I know it all comes down to numbers and age and performance and money. But in the end, it also comes down to morale. And I think the city's going to struggle with that for a while.

On the bright side, now I'll have another NFL team to cheer for while the Colts are struggling to rebuild...

1 comment:

  1. My deepest sympathies. I can only imagine how I would feel if the Lakers let Kobe go. It's bad enough with Derek Fisher. :( You poor thing!

    ReplyDelete