Friday, February 10, 2012

On my way home from work today, I was at an intersection waiting to turn left. Our light turned green but there were lots of oncoming cars so I didn't even go out into the intersection because I knew I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Apparently, the guy behind me thought this was a dumb idea. He honked at me then I could see him in my rearview mirror motioning me to move forward. The four feet into the intersection where I still wouldn't be able to turn left without turning into impending doom.

Really? That impatient, are we? It actually took me a minute to figure out I was the one he was upset with. Because really, why are you upset that I'm not inching my way into oncoming traffic? After I did turn, he quickly changed lanes so he could speed around me then stop right in front of me at the next red light.

At least I wasn't holding him up anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you see, if you don't pull up then his chances of getting through the green light aren't so good. Especially if there is a lot of oncoming traffic. So hey, maybe it was me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I thought the same thing. I guess aggressive driving runs in the fam. Everyone, and I mean everyone, here honks and it's not even like they're upset. It's more like a friendly reminder. You can think of it that way :)

    ReplyDelete