Sunday, January 8, 2012

As previously mentioned, I spent Christmas in Utah this year. Since the Zogmaisters are my surrogate family anyway, I went to their house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Jaime and I did some shopping on the way up to her parents' house then spent the evening at her sister Michelle's house. I can't remember if I ever blogged about it, but right after Thanksgiving I got a cold that took me down for about a week. Pretty typical. About a week after feeling good again, though, I got sick again with the exact same thing. I don't know if it was worse or if my patience was just limited since I had just gone through it, but I was miserable that second time around. I get so frustrated when my nose is stuffed up because I cannot stand not being able to breathe. I really hope there's no serious illnesses in my future because I am a wuss when it comes to being sick. I actually started crying one night because I was so frustrated but then it only made the congestion worse and I could get enough air in through my mouth so I started hyperventilating. It was actually really scary; it was the first time I felt a panic because I couldn't get enough air. It was not a pleasant experience. But I got through it. Anyway. Back to the topic. So I started feeling better again the week before Christmas but on Christmas Eve I started feeling a bit down again so I took it easy that night. I didn't end up getting sick, thank goodness. I'm still trying to get rid of the lingering congestion that surfaces every once in a while.

Christmas morning Jaime and I exchanged our gifts. I was expecting a package from my mom and one from my sister but neither came in time so I just had Jaime's gifts. Or so I thought. We got through ours then she pulled out a big wrapped box. We had agreed on a pretty strict spending limit for our gifts so I was initially really mad when I saw the box because I knew the presents I had already opened were at the limit. But when I took the paper off, I realized it was the package from my mom! The sneaky little bugger had taken it out of our mailbox and told me it hadn't come. I was very surprised and excited to have a few things to open. I got my sister's package a couple days later when I came home. I so appreciate their efforts in making me feel loved from so far away.

We went to church later that morning which was a great way to spend the holiday. After church, the rest of the family came and exchanged gifts.



That night Michelle and Joey brought their kids over to play games and have a sleepover. I was able to talk to my family both on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I really missed them but I'm always grateful for how good the Zogmaisters are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment