Sunday, December 11, 2011

Two very wonderful events have happened in the last two weeks:

1. We got a Christmas tree! Aubrey's parents let us borrow an old tree that they had in storage. It's about four or five feet tall and leans severely but it is gorgeous. For Family Home Evening a couple of weeks ago Aubrey, Whitney, and I went to pick up the tree and some decorations. When we got home Jaime, who was doing homework, joined us as we decorated it together.

Everyone had a job.

Aubrey: Put the hooks on the ornaments.

Jaime: Continue to do homework.

Kaley: Lights. I had a couple moments of frustration with some uncooperative lights but in the end I got them all to work. No need to worry.

Whitney: Get the tree to stand up straight. Her job was the hardest and in the end impossible to fulfill. She did manage to get it fluffed out and looking beautiful, though.

Finished product. This tree brings me sheer joy every time I see it. Seriously.

2. I downloaded 100 classic Christmas songs for 4 dollars from Amazon. That's right, friends. That's 4 cents a piece. Add in the Michael Buble Christmas and the ever-present *NSYNC Christmas and I've got some serious Christmas cheer goin' on over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment