Saturday, November 13, 2010

And Then It's Ok

I have a friend named Chase. He's fabulous. Here he is:


I know, right? Yeah. But it's not like that.

I met Chase in an acting class my sophomore year at BYU. We had to do a scene together, hit it off, and have been friends ever since. Except the kind of friends where you rarely ever see each other but when you do, you always wonder why you never see each other. Aside from being incredibly GQ-looking, Chase is very talented. He's in the concert choir at BYU and yesterday on facebook, he was advertising that he had two free tickets to his concert for tonight. I claimed them. Done.

Except I'm only one person.

And tonight was apparently National do-anything-you-can-except-hang-out-with-Kaley night. For every single one of my friends. So I ended up going to the concert alone. How embarrassing. I was pretty bummed about it, but I wanted to see Chase and you can't talk in a concert anyway, right? Who cares if was alone. Right?

So I went and only felt slightly pathetic sitting by myself in my row. The concert was great, though. The members of BYU Singers and Concert Choir are amazingly talented people and the music was quite soothing, maybe a little too soothing.

Afterwards I went and found Chase. We ended up going to In-N-Out and reminiscing about everything that we love (like acting, Harry Potter, our plans to audition for American Idol, and the need for America's Next Top Male Model). It was really fun. And you know what? If I had taken someone with me to the concert, I would have missed the chance to spend time like that with Chase and I just love him.

Here's to taking chances and finding great rewards.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, maybe it should be "like that".

    Did Jared ever send you a copy of his ebook on Harry Potter? The one he wrote before #7 came out? It's called Harry Potter 6 3/4. Let me know if you're interested and I'll have him email it to you. Also...he just finished a book on American Idol! It was just accepted by the publishers and will go to print in Feb! So you'll need to be sure to read that before you go and try out...which you should.

    (PS, I'm not very cool, so I like to talk about how cool Jared is.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey is that the boy we met up with at the Kelly Clarkson concert?

    ReplyDelete