Friday, August 27, 2010

I'll Be Your Teenage Dream

Running sucks. There's no getting around it. Unfortunately for me, I have very persuasive friends and a very large need to feel included. Thus, I have registered for the Dirty Dash, taking place September 25, 2010 in Midway, Utah. It's a 10k race. Except it's also an obstacle course. Double the fun. It looks like this:
Lots of my friends are doing it, and they convinced me to do it, too. I was running pretty regularly this summer but the most I'd done was like 3 miles. Which is about half a 10k. Then I went to Argentina for two weeks, came back with a sore knee, and took a week to recover. So I've started running this week after a three week hiatus, and it is not going well. I started with a 5k on Wednesday, and I really felt like my body was going to fall apart. Have you seen those old people running that look like they're pretty much just falling forward instead of running? That was me. It hasn't really gotten better, but I have a little playlist that is getting me through these hellish runs. Most of the songs are by teen pop stars. Don't judge. It's good music. And it keeps me going. So all I can say is, thank you, Jesse McCartney. Bless your beautiful soul.
1. Jesse McCartney feat. T-Pain: Body Language
2. Justin Bieber feat. Usher: Somebody to Love
3. Miley Cyrus: Can't Be Tamed
4. Chris Brown feat. Lil Wayne and Swiss Beats: Transform Ya
5. Maroon 5: Misery
Follow this link to my jammin' little playlist...
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/playlist/Teenage+Dream/34733342
If that doesn't work--look them up. You won't regret it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds crazy. Some people in my neighborhood signed up for this. Good luck to you and I hope your bra comes clean- or just wear a brown one.

    ReplyDelete