Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Beginning

Welcome to my blog! It's been a long time coming...

Several months ago, I was reading all my friends' blogs, feeling really bad about myself. I'm 24, single, and still working on my undergrad. My friends are my age, often younger, married, kids, pregnant, graduated from college....you know the type. So as I'm reading their blogs wondering why my life hasn't started yet...why I'm stuck in this single college student life I never wanted, I realized something. This is my life. I don't have to wait for it to start. I just have to make it great. Because who knows how long it will be until I have all those things my friends have. I should figure out how to be happy right now, right?

So how to do that....create a blog. Obviously. I thought it'd be easy to see how great my life is because I'd be forced to think of things to post on my blog! I'd convince everyone around me....and myself....that I'm cool, too! So that night, I told my roommate Lauren. She supported the idea. We were going out with our other roommates to get some drinks (non-alcoholic, of course) at a place in Provo called Spark. We were inviting everyone. It was going to be amazing. What a great way to start a blog convincing the world that I was cool, right? So we got ready. We were smokin' hot. We went to Spark. One other person came. Not super encouraging for the feeling cool idea... Maybe that's why it's over 8 months later and I'm just nowposting for the first time. Plenty of great things have happened since then, though. And Lauren was right, that was a great way to start! So I'm going to post the picture from that night anyway because we had a great time! So this one's for you, Lauren.

P.S. I have no idea how to make a blog. So it'll get better as I learn...

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm your first comment! Saw your post on Facebook and came over!

    I have a couple things to say...first and foremost, all the girls in the pic above do look smokin' hot! Love that purple shirt you’re wearing!

    Second, you may not feel this way now…but I guarantee there will come a day when you will think back to your young single college years and you will feel like that was the time you were really living!! Life as a “grown-up” with a job, a mortgage, a baby that wakes up 4-5 times a night, a husband that asks you what’s for dinner, and a long list of never-ending responsibilities with very little time for yourself sometimes doesn’t feel like living…it feels more like existing. Don’t get me wrong, I love my life too…but you’re only young and single and in college for a very short time in life. Live it up girl! Go out and do something fun for yourself tonight…because you can- because you don’t have to worry about giving your baby a bath or putting her down for bed and then pray she stays asleep so you put away all the toys she pulled out and then get her diaper bag ready for daycare tomorrow and hope you have time to iron your work pants. :-)

    I’ll be excited to read about the fun things you do…be spontaneous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're cool, Kaley! You don't have to convince me :) But I'm super excited to read more of your blog.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are doing a blog! It will be a good way for us to keep tabs on each other now that I am living on the east coast. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. any time I get to share part if your life (even blog-style) is cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete