Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer So Far

Things that have happened since the end of May:

1. I bought a new car. It's a 2011 Chevy Cruze and I love it! It has bluetooth and remote start and XM radio and functioning windows and doors and it's so pretty! 

2. Kid time. I love being around them. This night they came home from their dad's before Tessa was home, and both Campbell and Cooper climbed right up on the couch and chair and went to sleep. I quickly got them up to brush their teeth before they fell too deeply asleep. They're so cute and so fun and I can't believe they're almost 5!

3. Summer thunderstorms. My favorite! Except, of course, when they rip the siding off your house. Tessa put her house up for sale in May and since then we've had lots of showings and inspections and appraisals. She's sold it, though, and found a house in Fishers so we'll be moving at the end of July.

4. Bishop's Storehouse. The Bishop's Storehouse is where the Church collects the food and goods that go to those in need. Our storehouse houses goods for the Indianapolis region plus most of the eastern United States. I volunteered there this month and was so overwhelmed by the level of organization involved. I feel honored to be part of a church that does such a great job of taking care of its own and others in the community, all because of the generous donations of members.

5. Waaaatermeeelon. I love this food, and I love that it's good for you. No personal serving necessary; just take the lid off the bowl and grab a fork.

6. Dieting. A couple weeks ago I started a diet that's really just a meal plan for eating healthier. Before I started, though, my friend Amy and I had to go out with a bang at Olive Garden.

7. Bowling. I'm still in a bowling league though I don't go very often. The first few times I was terrible, but the last couple times I've stepped up my game. This score sheet doesn't show the week before when I scored 113 in a game, thank you very much.

8. Sunsets. We have the best world. Really. And it's free. Heavenly Father shows His love for us on a daily basis with the beauty that surrounds us, and I'm touched every time I see a sky like this. He provides gorgeous surroundings with absolutely no cost to us. We are so loved.

9. Father's Day. I have an incredible dad. He's a wonderful example of love, consistency, hard work, faith, patience, and generosity. My interactions with him over the course of my life have strengthened my testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and its power to change us. He never stops seeking to improve and I have seen incredible growth in Him. He inspires me to keep working and trying to be better. He makes me feel loved and supported and he lets me know how proud he is of me. I love that and I love him.

10. Since I'm not working over the summer, I've had more time to work on family history. I was able to connect a few generations on my dad's side, thanks to my grandma and her sister. As I was exploring that line, I found that someone had connected it all the way back to Adam and Eve! I have no idea how that's even possible, and I'm sure there are plenty of errors, but there are birth and death dates all the back to 1624 B.C.! Also in that line: a queen of France, a queen of Italy, a king of Prussia, a king of Troy, and His Majesty Charlemagne himself. It's very clear that I am a princess.

11. Swimming. Last week Tessa bought a Groupon that granted admission for 8 people at a local pool. She invited me to come with her and the kids. I laid out for a while then got in with the kids and taught them how to play Marco Polo. We went to the deeper end and had races. I raced Emerson and her friend MaKayla (and won both times) and then we did some races with Cooper and Campbell on our backs. Some of us lounged and read a book. :)


1 comment:

  1. That is one good looking car, Kaley! I adore the color. It looks really professional and classy. I'm sure it's been turning heads. Also, Campbell and Cooper look like they're really comfortable on the couch. They are just so adorable. Anyway, the photo you took of the sunset looks brilliant. I agree with you, we have the best world. I seriously hope people would stop taking advantage of it. Take care!

    Felicia Simmons @ Auto Works

    ReplyDelete