Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Memorial Day

The day after Dominika's baptism, everyone came back up to Indy for her confirmation. The next day was Memorial Day so Micah stayed with us that night and hung out on Memorial Day. I love having her close! We decided that she just needs to bring clothes with her every time there's a possibility she could stay the night, because she often does! I love it!

We played Candyland with the kids. I don't wanna brag or anything, but I'm kind of on a winning streak. I won this game by a long shot and Micah lost miserably. Sorry sister.

We took the kids and went downtown to walk along the canal. It was really hot, though, so we gravitated towards the shade.


There's a memorial for the U.S.S. Indianapolis along the canal so I stopped to read it. What a tragic story! I hadn't even heard it before, but after delivering parts for the first atomic bomb, they got hit by a Japanese torpedo. The ship sank in 12 minutes, but only 300 out of the almost 1200 sank with the ship. The remaining 900 faced exposure, dehydration, saltwater poisoning, and shark attacks because the Navy didn't even know they'd sunk until four days later. Only 317 of those 900 survived.

On the way home, Campbell rode with me and Micah instead of with her mom. Her comment once she got in the car: "I'm riding with my aunts!" We blared the music and danced the whole way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment