Sunday, May 13, 2012

4.2.12 - 4.3.12

My last full day there was the day before Nalon's sixth birthday, so we had a party for him at Chuck E. Cheese's. The kids had a great time playing the games and winning tickets. Towards the end, one of the workers came around testing the machines and leaving the tickets dangling for anyone to grab. Jonah, Emerson, and Nalon started their hunt for tickets left on machines and on the ground. They ended up with quite a few tickets, which they used to buy useless junk.





The pizza doesn't look very impressive, but it was really good. And hard to resist.

Originally, an angel food cake was made for the birthday party but we decided children wouldn't adequately appreciate it, so we did cupcakes instead and ate the angel food later. Jonah and Emerson helped Jared decorate the cupcakes. Don't they look nice?

Nalon's birthday wish: a million Grandmas. If that doesn't tell you how wonderful his grandma is, I don't know what could.  


Nalon was definitely feeling the Chuck E. love.

 

That night we played games, then the next day my mom and I took Jared and VoNique to the airport, then had lunch and did a little shopping, visited Tessa and the twins, then I went back to the airport where my plane was delayed almost two hours. It would've been nice to have known that before I was stuck in the airport.

After such a fun week I was sad to go, but I was cheered by the knowledge that I would be returning in less than two months. And now that's less than two weeks away! I can't wait to see them all again.

1 comment:

  1. That was so cute when he wished for 100 grandmas. I'm so glad a caught her reaction! So cute!

    ReplyDelete