Wednesday, July 13, 2011

this is why it's a test

Does life ever get to the point where you don't always have to make really important decisions all the time when you have no idea what the right choice is? I know agency is a blessing. But sometimes it'd be nice to just have someone tell me what to do.

Oh great. This is turning into a cryptic post - definitely DeeAura style. =) Just kidding. Dee, you're my favorite Dee that ever was.

I'm just having some second thoughts about Spain, based on the difficulty of getting a visa and my ever-shortening timetable. Also based on the growing appeal of staying in Provo. I've been asking for help but I feel like maybe they're both good options and there would be benefits to both. But maybe there's a right answer and I'm just not trusting it. Maybe if I decide on Spain, I'll spend a lot of time and money only to not get everything processed in time to actually go. Or maybe if I decide to stay in Provo I won't progress at all.

Or maybe I'll spontaneously combust.

6 comments:

  1. I've always found spontaneous combustion to be fascinating.
    I've felt the same way with decision in my life. I know you'll make the right choice if there is one. Could the growing appeal of Provo have anything to do with a guy? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY NOW. :) Um, not that it really should carry a lot of weight, but...I've always sort of regretted the times I chose to "stick around" instead of go have an adventure. I mean, not that sticking around wasn't fine and good, and I didn't spontaneously combust, but...

    Think about it. If both feel like good options? Choose the adventurous one. Your friends will still be here when you get back. In fact, we'll all stalk your blog, green with envy.

    But I know that's a harder decision when you're in the thick of things, and it seems like things aren't going to work out. Taking risks is hard. Scary. Stressful. Ridiculous. BUT: I still think we should take them.

    I think you'll be surprised - or not - if you go to Spain and then come back to P-town? I bet I'm right.

    You're freaking incredible, my friend. Go spread it around and then come back and tell me all about it and then never leave again. M'kay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to witness the spontaneous combustion! :) Good Luck! With the decision, not the spontaneous combustion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm AMEN!!! Somedays I seriously wish I could pass my decisions to someone else. And also be a kid again. And have summers off, and no bills, and generally enjoy life to the fullest.

    That being said, all i have is my moment in germany to compare. I went despite deciding I loved a boy, I loved my roommates, it was gonna cost me a ton of money... and in the end I'm so glad I went! It was hard, but I learned a lot and it was an experience of a lifetime. Besides, you can always come back early ;) (and if it's the right boy, he'll still be here, and if it's your best friends, they'll be there too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoops how did I get signed in under Cary? my bad...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only asked about the guy because it's the only thing I could think of that would make Provo suddenly appealing.

    ReplyDelete