Friday, July 15, 2011

i'll just focus on harry

I would like to clarify two things:

1. I'm not rethinking my trip to Spain because of a boy. There are no boys in my life, don't worry.
2. I'm not rethinking my trip to Spain because I'm scared. Yes, it's scary, but I do a lot of things that are scary and I'm fine.

I know it would be worth it. I know it would be fine. I know I'd be so glad I went.

I'm rethinking Spain because things aren't working out very well. Main reason: there are some documents I have to gather to get my visa, and one of them I have no idea how to get. No one responds to my emails seeking clarification. The only thing I've found online that I think might be it says it takes three months to process. That'd be October before I got it and then I'd have to wait another month or two to process my visa. That puts me in Spain about January. The program starts in October. You see the predicament. So why spend all the money to get everything else together when I won't even get the visa in time anyway? That's why I'm rethinking Spain. I'm not a wuss and I don't back out on things because of fears or boys. Calm down.

Moving on.

Tonight I went to see the final Harry Potter movie. I jumped on the Harry boat pretty late in life, not because I didn't think I would like them. Quite the opposite, really. I have an obsessive personality and I knew I'd get hooked and I frankly didn't have time to get hooked on a book series that's roughly 3500 pages long. So I didn't start reading them, or watching the movies, until two years ago when I was willing to put in the time. Sure enough, I got hooked.

I'm not a freak enough to go to a midnight showing because I never enjoy them. I'm always too sleepy then I feel bad for wishing it was over so I could go home and go to bed. So I chose to wait until the next day and go to a 7 o'clock showing. Excellent choice. I loved it!

When they were all gearing up for the big battle, I couldn't help but draw the parallel to how the final battle between good and evil will be. Both sides will be there, gathering their forces and preparing to do whatever it takes. The difference is, we have to choose our side now. Far before the battle begins. And we already know who wins. I'm so grateful to have a great leader in Jesus Christ. Someone who we can have full confidence in. Someone who we know will conquer. Someone who we know is doing it for us. Someone who really has already won the battle for us. Someone who knows the end from the beginning.

I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. um, did you really just go there?? Jesus and Harry Potter? Kaley, you got me worried! :)

    ReplyDelete