Thursday, October 20, 2011

Write Until You Want To

I haven't posted forever because in all honesty, I haven't had anything to say. For me, that's kind of unusual. So I'll just write about nothing until I find something to say. Have you ever heard the quote...I think by President Benson...that says if you don't feel like praying then you should pray until you do? Yep, just applied that to blogging. Here goes. I'm giving myself five minutes to write about nothing.

On Tuesday, I joined Jaime and her family at Peery's Egyptian Theater in downtown Ogden, Utah for the Official Blues Brothers Revue. Jaime's mom is a Weber County commissioner which means she gets some sweet hook-ups. Like box seats for a Blues Brothers tribute band. We even had drinks, popcorn, and dessert catered to the box. Pretty sweet, right? Now if she could just hook that up for the Jazz games... The concert turned out to be a lot of fun and I always have a good time with her family. It's nice to have two families. Then when I get married, I'll have three families. How lucky am I?

Speaking of family, I'm kind of obsessed with mine right now. It's a little weird. Not because they're not worthy of love and attention, because they are. But more because I've never been like this. I'm SO excited to go home for Christmas!

Also, because my brother's engaged! I'm glad I got to meet Dominika when I went home last month because she's now going to be a permanent part of our family which I really am thrilled about. I called and talked to them both on Monday and they both seem very excited and very in love. It's amazing to see how she's brought out a side of Isaac I don't think any of us have ever seen before. He's kind, fun, and just a lot softer. He was all of those things before, too, but he seems to be embracing them more. And the way he talks about her is really sweet and very endearing. I'm so happy for both of them and super pumped to have a new sister-in-law! The weekend before, Isaac called me and asked me to be a groomsmaid in their wedding. Dominika has three brothers who will be her bridesmen and Isaac's three sisters will be his groomsmaids. I thought it was a great idea and it'll be the first wedding I'll ever be in in which I actually have to be involved in the wedding. I'm pretty excited.

Ok it's been way more than five minutes. Somehow I managed to get distracted on facebook while writing this. I'm pretty sure I can pin most of my problems in life on facebook. Especially the lack of sleep one. Geez.

3 comments:

  1. That's so exciting about Isaac, and you being a groomsmaid! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaley! I just read your comment on my blog and I'm glad you have my back :) I always need an editor...always. Also, I completely agree about facebook. Even without meaning to I think I give away several hours of my life to it each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about Isaac, that's fantastic!! btw, Kaley, I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete