Tuesday, July 26, 2011

brides, boats, and bombs

A couple of weeks ago, I had a bomb weekend. I'm not talkin' normal weekend. B.O.M.B.

It started with a bridal shower for my lovely roommate Aubrey Morrill, who is getting married in about 8 days! I'm so excited for her wedding, not only because I love her and because I love Jason, her fiance, but because it will be the first sealing I'll be able to go to! I'm supa-pumped. Our lovely friend DeeAura threw her a breakfast bridal shower, which included a crepe bar. Holy delicious. I was seriously blown away. And blown up, since I ate about five fully loaded crepes. Totally worth it. I don't even regret it. Angela, Aubrey, Jaime, and I pitched in on some shazam lingerie for her. Everyone else gave her boring stuff...I mean...useful, wonderful stuff.

Here's some photo evidence of the party:

Aubrey modeling her goods.

Sister Marchbanks (our former Bishop's wife) and Dee.

My lovely roommates. Aubrey was probably fake laughing. She usually is.

A very cute, pregnant Carla and Sister Farrer (former Bishopric counselor's wife), who I hope I look like when I'm celebrating my 35th wedding anniversary. Except for the blonde hair, of course. Sheesh.

Aubrey with some old friends. She's soooo glad she hangs out with us more now. Just kidding. I'm sure they're lovely people.

Jaime and me. Don't be afraid of my lack of make-up. I didn't put much on because of our awesome activity that took place after the bridal shower.

The awesome activity: Boating!!

A few months ago, our singles ward got a new Bishopric, and even though I like our new one, not a week goes by that I don't miss our former Bishop and his counselors and their wives. They were just incredible, generous, funny people. You want proof? They're not even in our ward anymore and the Farrers still took a bunch of us out on their boat for hours. I'd never been on Utah Lake before and it'd been years since I'd even been on a boat, so I was super pumped. And you can't beat the scenery (and I'm not just talking about the water and mountains...if you know what I mean.)


Our boat crew:

Angela and Mitch. And Jase back there in the back. Working hard as always.

Aubrey, Erik, and Derrick. Lovin' Derrick's hat.

Dee, the Farrer's son Beau, and me. He may be scrawny but he is one cute 14 year-old.

Hailey and Angela.

Once the girls got there after the shower, the guys had already wakeboarded. Hailey was the only girl who wanted to try it. She rocked it!

Brother Farrer. Ha.

Dee and I went on a tube ride together and I decided I don't like tubing. Maybe if it were a slow, leisurely ride I'd love it. But all the high speed turns and whiplash and holding on...not fun. Way too much effort. I love just being on the boat, though!

That night, Jaime and I headed up to her parents' house to sing with her mom and sisters the next day in church. That night were the Weber State fireworks. Because Jaime's mom is a Weber County Commissioner, we got sweet VIP parking and seating. Whitney joined us for the fun. I told her and Jaime that they each had one picture to go on the blog to represent the night. But then it turned into a photo shoot of cheesy poses. There were a few pretty hysterical ones of Jaime that I didn't include because I'm pretty sure she'd kill me. But just take my word for it. We had a great time!
















No comments:

Post a Comment