Sunday, January 3, 2021

Tampa Birthday Trip

It's been a rough year, and travel has been down a lot. On the one hand, that sucks because I haven't been able to travel as much as I'd like to. On the other hand, it's led to some pretty sweet sales on airfare and hotels. So we decided to take advantage of it, and got out of town for my birthday in November. I had a flight credit from a cancelled trip in April, and I was able to use it to get roundtrip flights for both Brandon and me to Tampa, Florida. 

It was a low-key few days without big plans, but the weather was perfect, and it was just so nice to get away. 

Our first day there, we explored historic Ybor City, which for some reason has wild, city-protected chickens roaming the park.




We rode the historic trolley from Ybor City to downtown, where we walked along the riverfront.



We got a great deal on a hotel right on the beach in Redington Beach, so we enjoyed some relaxing time along the water. I did some reading and Brandon did some fishing.





Our second day - my birthday - Brandon went fishing and I slept in and had a lazy morning in bed (my favorite!) and a walk along the beach. Then we checked out the massive Skyway Bridge, and Brandon fished off the pier. We took in the sunset and headed to dinner. 





Our last day there, we had breakfast at a local place, then visited Fort De Soto Park, where we explored an old fort and Brandon - you guessed it - fished off the pier. :) 



Our goal is to someday move to Florida, so we finished out the day exploring some of the local neighborhoods to get an idea of what living in Tampa would be like. It was a wonderful, relaxing few days with my favorite person - one of my best birthdays yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment