Sunday, January 3, 2021

2021 New Year's Resolutions

Nothing panned out in 2020 as expected, including my goals. I was still able to achieve some of them - I read several books with Jackson and Brandon and I met our financial goals - but some weren't even possible - like going to the temple twice a month. This year, I wanted to keep it simple, so I'm using a four-category framework and going for goals that have a bit more time flexibility.

Physical
  • Visit 5 new parks. I imagine travel will still be somewhat limited so I don't think we'll be able to get to a lot of national parks, but we have lots of state parks in Indiana that I've never been to, so I want to make that a priority this year.
Intellectual
  • Read at least 5 nonfiction books. I read a lot more this year than in years' past, but I struggle to get through nonfiction books very quickly. I think I read 2 or 3 this past year, so I want to push it to 5 this year.
  • Learn to play the guitar. I got Brandon a guitar for his birthday, so I want to dabble in that a bit myself, since I don't have room for a piano right now.
Spiritual
  • Meditate daily. I know I probably won't do this every single day, but I want to strive for it. I started meditating a bit this past year, and I really like it and find it grounding.
  • Discover my spiritual gifts. Without kids of my own, I want to make sure I'm using the extra time I have to do the most good I can. 
Social
  • Meet my neighbors. We've now lived here for over a year, and I still only know the neighbors directly on either side of us. 
Feeling good and hopeful about 2021!

No comments:

Post a Comment