Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Dave Matthews Band Concert

I have this friend named Aaron. He's a Dave Matthews band superfan and he always gets great tickets to their shows. He also always invites me. This is why he's the best. This year he had tickets for the pit, which is right up next to the stage. There were exactly two people between me and the band and it was amazing. I couldn't believe how close we were. They came out first and did a short acoustic set before doing their full set later. 


Boyd Tinsley, violin. With no zoom. Wha?!? I don't think I've ever seen someone play an instrument as joyfully as he did. He had a huge smile on this face the whole time, and he could hardly stay on his stool. He actually eventually stood up and started dancing around while playing. He's got the music in his bones.

My good friend (and husband) Dave Matthews, vocals and guitar (and his friend Tim Reynolds, guitar).



Steffan Lessard, bass (my other husband).

Carter Beauford, drums. My favorite part of being so close was being able to see their facial expressions and their interactions with each other. It's a completely different experience and I felt like I was actually involved in the show. I could see them. They could see me. I could see them talking to and laughing with each other. You just don't get that from 100 yards away.


It's nice to have the sea of people behind you instead of in front of you.







These guys look like they are genuinely having the time of their lives up there, and it was so much fun to watch. Boyd and Dave jamming together.

They do a lot of jam breaks during the songs, which I find really fun. It's cool to see each individual member have their time to show off, and it's almost just as fun to watch the others' faces as they watch their friends killin' it. I appreciate the mutual respect they seem to have for each other.

After the show, Dave leaned over to autograph something for a guy that was standing two feet in front of me. I probably could've touched Dave's hand when he leaned over to grab it.

They played a lot of newer stuff that I'm not as familiar with, but the concert was still so much fun. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing. I think I'm ruined for all other concerts now. Front row or no row.

No comments:

Post a Comment