Monday, September 2, 2013

Utah Trip #2 Part 2: Angel, Angel, Angel

Tuesday night Happy Sumo happened. Seeing my friends was an added bonus, but let's be serious. This sushi is what I look forward to most when I go to Utah. It's that good. Jaime and I drove down to Salt Lake one night just to get some, then we went shopping at The Gateway and City Creek. There was lots of shopping on this trip...and lots of food, too.

The next day Jaime and I met our friend Jayne Weaver for lunch downtown Ogden. Rather than making Jaime come back to her house to pick me up and then drop me off again after lunch, I just went back to work with her after lunch and did some work I'd brought with me for school. It was fun to see her in her big-time office manager role. She makes that National Battery Sales classy.

That night we drove back down to Salt Lake for more food. We had our last girls' night (a very tame bachelorette party) with Angela at The Cheesecake Factory. All my favorites were there, except for DeeAura who was stuck at work and Whitney who was, excusably, on her honeymoon. Even Hailey came, even though she'd just been diagnosed with mono that very day.


That night, I went home with Aubrey and Angela came and spent the night with us, too, which was so fun. The next day Aubrey and I did more shopping, then headed over to Angela's wedding dinner that night. This night made my heart feel so full, because even more of my favorite people were there. I feel so blessed to have been part of such an amazing group of people when I lived at the Omni. I made some lifelong friends there, and I love when we're able to get together.
 
After dinner they did some speeches, which were running long and a bit boring, so Whitney, Jaime, and I started taking pictures of ourselves with my phone. What we didn't realize, though, was that Derrick and his girlfriend Jo thought we were taking pictures of them (they were sitting across the table from us) so they were posing and smiling. Funniest.Thing.Ever. Especially since we had to keep our laughing quiet since there were speeches going on. 

And this is when we realized what was going on.

We did take a picture of them, later, though, along with everyone else.

Aubrey and Erik, who were doing this same marriage thing only a year and a few months ago.


Dee and her boyfriend, Dahlon. We were so glad she was able to break away from work to come.

Mitch and Danielle, who I think had celebrated their one-year anniversary only a few days before.

The super fun part of Angela's wedding was that she married the son of one of the counselors in our bishopric when we all lived at the Omni. It was a lot of fun to do this with Brother Farrer (her now father-in-law) and our former Bishop Marchbanks.  


That night Jaime stayed down at Aubrey's house, too, which was fun. Before we went to their house, though, we went ahead and did a bit more shopping. :) The next morning, we had a great breakfast of German pancakes, which Aubrey whipped up, and chatted with Aubrey and Erik and played with Tess before heading up to Salt Lake for the wedding.
 
The sealing was beautiful, and they both looked beautiful, even though they took almost an hour to come out afterwards. And it was raining. Geez. 

I love these girls so much. We were just missing Dee (who had to work) and Hailey (who was a lot sicker by then). I'm so grateful I was able to be there.

Afterwards, Whitney Howard, Jaime, and I went to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory with Whitney (Ehlers) Ashby and her new husband Jayson, who had just gotten home from their honeymoon the night before. They went to Las Vegas so they told us about the shows and their room at The Bellagio, and I was suffering from some serious hotel envy. Then Jaime and I did...some more shopping...then went to the reception. It had rained most of the day, but the rain held out that evening for the reception, which was outside.


Angela's husband, Tanner, is in the marines, so some of his marine friends did some kind of salute which I didn't understand but they looked cool doing it.

And...Tess was still the center of attention.

We stayed with Aubrey that night again, then the next day Jaime and I went to lunch and she took me back to the airport. It was hard to leave, because I feel like so much of my heart is there. So much of this trip was spent doing really fun things with almost all of my favorite people. I know that if I lived there, it wouldn't be like that all the time because people work and live in different cities and don't get together that often. But it's hard not to miss it. I have friends here, and I LOVE being close to my family, but it's hard to be so far away from so many people that I love so much. I wish Indiana and Utah were next door to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment