Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It's a Wednesday night and I forgot all my school materials at school so I can't do any work. Trick-or-Treating and blogging it is!
 
Today is Halloween and for the first time in these kids' lives, I'm actually here for it! A couple of months ago, Tessa and I were talking about Halloween costumes and she was trying to think of an idea for the twins that would coordinate but that they would actually go for. I suggested Mickey and Minnie Mouse since they love to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She liked the idea and went for it. That's right, friends. This cuteness was my idea.
 

 Emerson was a lovely fortune teller.

 I know, right? Cooper is an excellent "Cheese"er and Campbell was not having it. Cooper was even encouraging her, "Say cheese!"

Jonah was a black ghost. Earlier in the night he said he was Death. We'll go with the black ghost option.

The loot. The twins were very generous with their treats and were willing to trade for any form of gummy or gum. The wee ones love to chew.
 
 

As soon as they got home, Jonah and Emerson set to organizing their loot, preparing for their trade.
 

They have more candy than any human should consume in their lifetime. They're all set up and there's some pretty serious bargaining going on over here.
"How about this and this and you can have an extra small candy."
"Ok. I'll take these two and you've got yourself a deal."
Word for word people. I'm transcribing like a court reporter.
 
 
I was initially pretty proud of my lack of desire to indulge in their treats. I wasn't too tempted by our candy at the door and when they brought theirs in and offered me some, it wasn't too hard to decline. So far I've had two Reese's and a Milky Way. Reasonable, right? But now they've been sitting here for an hour...and it's still in front of me...
 
Oops, there are some peanut butter M&M's.

No comments:

Post a Comment