Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My move-away-from-Utah date is fast approaching and I'm starting to feel a bit of a panic. I feel like I need to to go to all the restaurants that are unique to Utah and see and do all kinds of things I can only do here. Last year I bought a Pass of All Passes, which gets you into an insanely large number of parks and events for only about 20 bucks. I've barely used mine. So I decided I needed to use it at least a few more times before I go to have made it worth it.


Last week I went to a Salt Lake Bees game with my roommate Whitney, my friend Allie, and Allie's friend (now my friend, obviously) Courtney. 



To be honest, I really like to play baseball (well, softball, but it's pretty close), but watching it isn't too exciting. I like the atmosphere of the park, though, so I enjoy a game every once in a while. If I'm being really honest, I'd like a collaged video of all the best moments of the game set to music to make it more exciting, a la A League of Their Own. Now that's good baseball.


This game was especially slow, since the Bees were trailing already by the time we arrived and the deficit kept growing. They got down by as much as 9-2 towards the end of the game, though they knocked it down to 9-5 by the ninth inning.

Then, out of nowhere, it really did get exciting. It was the bottom of the ninth, they were down by four runs, and in a last ditch effort, they won! Thanks to a home run with two RBIs and then a double which hit a runner home, they scored five runs in the last inning, winning 10-9.

That was by far the most exciting twenty minutes of the game. We entertained ourselves during the rest, though, by talking about the adorable little boy next to us and planning ways to kidnap him from his parents. We didn't, though. Don't worry.

1 comment:

  1. Was that adorable little boy Malcolm?! Ha ha, I just read on Ashley's blog how THEY went to a Bees game. I wonder if it was the same one!? PS: Cute pix :)

    ReplyDelete