Saturday, February 18, 2012

Usually on Valentine's Day I either feel pretty bitter or pretty sad, since in my 26 years I have had a boyfriend for Valentine's Day exactly 1 time. That would be in 8th grade. At the time, however, my boyfriend and I did not go to the same school and since neither of us could drive ourselves anywhere and I wasn't even supposed to have a boyfriend in the first place, we didn't get to see each other on Valentine's Day. We talked on Valentine's Day, of course, and we each had a gift for each other but we wouldn't see each other until that weekend at a basketball game we were both going to, so we were going to exchange our gifts then. Well, I showed up to that basketball game and before I even saw my bf, his good friend came up to me and said that my bf was breaking up with me. Because we were in 8th grade, this was obviously not something he could tell me himself. We never exchanged gifts. So. Even though I have had a boyfriend one time on Valentine's Day, I have never celebrated a Valentine's Day with a boyfriend.

Usually, I'm singing this on V-Day.


Don't feel sorry for me. The video's sweet, the dancing is mind-blowing, and hello, have you seen Usher? It's true, though. I do need somebody to love. And I'm pretty convinced that whoever decides to love me back will not regret it. These fellas don't even know how great of a wife I will be.

This year, though, aside from wishing I had someone to love, I still felt very loved. I was able to spend the evening with these beauties:

And our good friend Jaime surprised all seven of us in our little group of friends with a flower delivery to "the best roomies and friends ever." She's thoughtful, even from Mexico.

So, when you think of Valentine's Day as a day to celebrate love of any kind, not just romantic love, it's not so bad at all. When it comes to the friendly kind, I've got plenty of people to love.

2 comments:

  1. oh kaley - great story! who was the bf @ Hauser? those were difficult days, huh? love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that video- I never watch videos these days, so it was nice to have someone pre-filter it! I love Usher. In fact, that video would be a million times better if Justin Bieber = Usher. The fire scenes were weird. Other than that, and Bieber's "smoldering" looks that make me uncomfortable because he looks like an 8 year old, I give it two thumbs up!

    And I love you.

    ReplyDelete