Friday, December 10, 2010

Just 11 Steps Behind

Jaime and I are 11 days apart. But I'm 11 days older. That's great for one reason: I get to see what she does for my birthday so I know how much I need to do for hers. =) That's only partly true. This year, though, I failed. Let me paint the picture for you.

So I was trying to figure out what to do for her birthday that would blow her away. In passing, I thought I should see if the Jazz played anytime around her birthday. She loves the Jazz. So I go online...they play ON her birthday. At home. Against the INDIANA Pacers! Umm...meant to be. So I shoot her a quick text informing her that she has plans on her birthday with me and must refuse any other offer that presents itself.

The only problem? She loves the Jazz, remember? She knows their schedule. She knows they play on her birthday at home. She figures out the surprise. Great.

So that's fine, I just tried to come up with a couple other things I could do to surprise her in some way on her birthday. I came up with this:

I got up super early to get myself ready for school. Then I headed to her house. On the way over, I stopped by Shirley's Bakery to grab some very yum cinnamon rolls. When I got to her house, her roommate let me in and I made her breakfast! Those are eggs with onion, mushroom, green pepper, tomato, cheese, and avocado. They were SO good! I put a little birthday candle in the cinnamon roll then took it into her room to wake her up. Except she was already awake. But she loved the eggs. I'm not gonna lie, I did, too.

That night we went to dinner at Biaggi's in Salt Lake then went to the Jazz game. I tried to get some sweet tix, but failed again. I was so close to getting us 7th row, but the guy who was going to sell them to me sold them to someone else. Lame. We still had pretty decent seats, though, and even got to sit by some very friendly guys. Who were super cool. Of course. The Pacers lost, unfortunately. Probably they just did it so Jaime's team wouldn't lose on her birthday. That was considerate of them.

She promises she had fun, and really I just loved celebrating with her! Seriously, birthdays are just the best.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED it all!! You're the best! Oh, and it was not coincidence that the Jazz won. They're just that good.

    ReplyDelete